16 June 2011

I write letters


Dear A:

Our son has been crying non-stop for three hours now. I’m dealing with this while going through case law, billing, and answering the phone to listen to a moron tell me a message that lasted 9 minutes. But you don’t know what this is like (yet), and you feel it’s appropriate to be short with me on the phone this morning, when YOU called me.

I take C to school most mornings, and I always pick her up. When I get home from work, I am taking care of two children by myself for at least an hour, usually two. Laundry gets done, but it doesn’t always get folded right away. And if it does, I don’t always have the opportunity to put the clothes away immediately without risking negligence for not keeping my eyes on the children.

Dinner is always prepared by me. Dishes used to prepare for dinner are usually cleaned. 

I know you’re busy. I know owning a business is tough, to put it mildly.

But I really could use some appreciation or acknowledgement from you. It would be nice to have it acknowledged that I do a LOT so that you can maintain your store. I don’t give you a hard time when you tell me that you’ll be working until 11 PM this Saturday, which means I have a day to entertain two children all by myself, put them to bed all by myself, and stay sane.

Do you realize that I haven’t had a moment to myself since E was born? Granted, I knew this was coming. But please. You gave a half-ass attempt of giving E a bottle while I was in the room (which I told you not to do!) and you’re surprised he didn’t take said bottle. Even more, you haven’t tried to give him a bottle since, and I’ve dumped my milk down the drain after it’s expired. 

Do you realize how physically and emotionally taxing all this is? 

I am grateful for you and I try to acknowledge the work you do for us.

I’m just asking for acknowledgment back. Because you couldn’t have your business and two children who you love and adore without my second-shift.

Sigh. 

 

3 comments:

Nicole said...

As this week's sick nurse who has been with 2 super sick kids, missing work so Tom can go, accomplishing nothing and sliding behind of everything - I hear you.

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.

Shannon said...

I SO feel you (except I bet you feel it double ... ala two kids)

Anonymous said...

Yep one more reason Im considering a seperation while he gets full custody. No more of this being under appreciated bit for me...
Anyway... I totally understand
aly