01 December 2014

Moving ahead...NEWS (I'm not moving)

In the meantime...

I have a secret. My parents know. A few philosopher-friends know--and that's it.

I'm reapplying to grad school to finish my Ph.D in philosophy.

Doing so has opened/triggers wounds. As I work on applications, or pay a ridiculous amount to take the GRE again when my scores were just fine--get really angry. Weird angry. I cry. I want to smash dishes. I want to destroy stuff.

I flashback. I freeze.

I started seeing someone to help me with the PTSD. I think, if anything else, it's holding me accountable. Each week, I will see him. And I want to report back to him, "Hey, I did this," or "this Ph.D at out-of-state University is going to write a letter of rec for me" (I can't use anyone at former place, for obvious reasons).

And yes, having philosophers I've written back and forth to VOLUNTEER "Hey, can I write you a letter of recommendation?"-- well, I cry anytime someone has done that OR has validated my ideas, given my time and consideration, and debated and treated me as equal and with respect.

I take the GRE on Wednesday at 12:30. Wish me luck (privately, please.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How did the GRE go? What does A think of it? Where will you go?
You've got my support!