08 May 2010

Still processing

A’s driving tag expires on the 12th of May.
Today, it is the 8th.
Well, stupid me. I didn’t hear my phone ring three times because C is more than a little moody today and I was taking care of her.

I checked my phone, I checked the messages, and voila, I’m chided by A for not answering the phone, he needs me ASAP. So I call him back.
He says he got it taken care of. What was this pressing issue? Getting a new tag for his car.
Good. Fucking. God. (Excuse me.) Are you kidding me? I’m your wife, not your slave. Chill out. Deep breath, A. Chill out. You tag is NOT expired, and it doesn’t until Tuesday. Even then,  I do believe you have until the end of the month.
I would help, but I resent that you expect because I don’t have “regular” work on Saturday I should be totally free for your beck and call. I/we have a three year old, who is incredibly difficult today. I have a minor migraine, as much as a migraine can be minor. And you’re so fucking self-absorbed you can’t even ask me how I am, how’s C? You cannot even fathom the possibility that maybe I had to take her “potty”, so I couldn’t answer the phone. You cannot even fathom the possibility that maybe she was screaming at the top of her lungs in pain or in joy.
How fucking selfish are you. How dare you think that I should always be there, free, available. I am so tempted to just turn my cell phone off. C is supposed to spend the night at my parents tonight so that I can come and keep you company at work.

Maybe I should just park my car somewhere safe and sleep in it. I mean, what the hell do you care? What would anyone care? Maybe I should just drive away for a bit? Stay in a hotel and be miserable all by myself? Just to disappear…for a little bit…because I’m too sane and therefore too responsible to take off like B would.
I don’t feel loved. I don’t feel like you care. About me. My interests. Whatever.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sorry you are having a rough day Whit. Could you talk with him about it when you feel better? Its difficult to work out expectations early on in when you get married. He has these unrealistic expectations of you and that is not fair (at least he seemed to today) and yes he is definetly overreacting I have driven on expired inspection tags before in WV no biggie, they will give you a warning first anyway most of the time. Try to discuss expectations and boundaries with him when you feel less frustrated, it is the best thing you can do for peace of mind in the long run trust me having been there many times myself....
love you
aly

FemmePhil said...

I am feeling better now. I wrote this right after I got chided and felt like a naughty kid.
It's okay. I mean, I'm okay, not his overreaction.

elle said...

i'm so sorry you're having such a day! i have had a weird day myself.

LGA said...

Minor migraine is an oxymoron like jumbo shrimp. NO... it's an urban legend. I've heard of people having them... but I've never had one. It's either on the edge of a migraine or full blown, wanna poke my eye out, migraine.

About driving away and sleeping in your car... I had fantasies of that for years when I was married. In the last month of my marriage I did do that. So don't. Please find a way to talk to him so that he will hear you and understand what is realistic and what your (both of your) priorities are.

love you!
E

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah and I think I almost slept in my car once too. I was going to stay at a hotel one night when I knew we had the money for it but they were all booked, actually. I have slept in the other bedroom before though and stayed up till the wee hours of the morning watching youtube videos to fit my mood so i would not have to sleep in the bedroom for very long. I recommend, See you at the crossroads Bone Thugs and Harmony, Leaving Jesse Mccartney and All I Have by J. Lo. Something about the leaving songs made me not leave, ironically (the last two). Although they are really poppy. I hope you are feeling better now Whit
love ya
aly

FemmePhil said...

Well, my first thought when crap happens is "I want to disappear."

I used to actually attempt to disappear, and not eat.

Now, I sometimes fantasize about driving off. I won't. It wasn't and isn't that bad. It's the heat of the moment, and I honestly have to let the ugly-anger out here so I can be constructive with my anger with A, and I was, last night. :)

I love you all.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, I also used to drive down 441 when I got frustrated, I usually made it to about High Springs before I turned around that was before I was married though
aly

Nicole said...

I hear that! Why can't they just take care of their shit themselves? I mean, what we they doing before we met them? Um, getting by fine. What is different now? Oh - wait - I know - now they can try to make us do all the life work! Fuckers.

This is a big point of contention to me, in case you did not notice. Glad to see you writing again