My e-mail to Florida KidCare (C's health insurance) last week:
RE: Account No: (redacted)
To Whom It May Concern:
I submitted the renewal application for my daughter's KidCare back in March. This application was apparently not received, so in April, I faxed and mailed the application and all supporting documents.
I checked the application update today, thinking it was odd I've not heard anything from KidCare at such a late date. Indeed, according to the phone message, the application was only received on July 23, 2010?! How is this possible when I have a fax confirmation sheet dated April 29, 2010 and indicating all 7 pages of the application went through successfully? I will happily scan and forward this to you at your request.
I am so disappointed about this and the way in which the KidCare renewal process is run. Every year, come renewal time, there seem to be issues processing my daughter's application in a timely manner. When I attempt to call customer service, all I get is an automated phone service, which is of absolutely no help or assistance to me.
I expect that we can resolve this matter promptly, and that a represenative of KidCare will be in contact with me shortly, either by phone (#) or via e-mail.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
My name
RE: Account No: (redacted)
To Whom It May Concern:
I submitted the renewal application for my daughter's KidCare back in March. This application was apparently not received, so in April, I faxed and mailed the application and all supporting documents.
I checked the application update today, thinking it was odd I've not heard anything from KidCare at such a late date. Indeed, according to the phone message, the application was only received on July 23, 2010?! How is this possible when I have a fax confirmation sheet dated April 29, 2010 and indicating all 7 pages of the application went through successfully? I will happily scan and forward this to you at your request.
I am so disappointed about this and the way in which the KidCare renewal process is run. Every year, come renewal time, there seem to be issues processing my daughter's application in a timely manner. When I attempt to call customer service, all I get is an automated phone service, which is of absolutely no help or assistance to me.
I expect that we can resolve this matter promptly, and that a represenative of KidCare will be in contact with me shortly, either by phone (#) or via e-mail.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
I had to restrain myself tremendously as I wrote that letter, in part because of the work we do in NOW and in National Women's Liberation for National Health Insurance, H.R. 676. That was the first petition I gathered signatures for, and it was painfully appropriate as I did, for that was the first time in my life I was without health insurance. I admit that I did edit out a snide remark about "no wonder Florida's children are ranked in the lower 40's in the nation in terms of health and well-being" and a few other true but not necessarily needed statistics.
I just received this response:
From: FHK Support Secure
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:11 PM
To: whitney
Subject: RE: Need an update ASAP
To: whitney
Subject: RE: Need an update ASAP
Hello,
Your account is active/enrolled effective 08/01/10. The website provides current-day status and will update once enrollment is effective.
If you have additional questions, please contact our call center toll-free at 1-800-821-5437.
Thank you for contacting Florida KidCare.
VICTORY! And may they have flagged me as a demanding, bitchy mom so they'll process her application promptly next year, if needed!
No comments:
Post a Comment