10 January 2011

No man is an island

This is a heavy read. This is very painful and may be triggering.

I just read a suicide note of someone I never met. Someone I likely would never have met.

In the note, this young man describes how repeated sexual abuse as a young child haunted him for the rest of his life.

I felt like it was important to visit his website and read his note all the way through, so that his experiences, his pain, his darkness, was finally known to the world. I commend him for his bravery in writing so eloquently in such a dark time about his reality.

I wish he could see that there are people who realize how serious child abuse, sexual abuse, and all types of abuse are. How horribly life-altering abuse is.


And yet abuse keeps happening. Again. And again. And again.

I'm sorry the world failed him. I'm overwhelmed by the thought of how many people there are in the world right now who feel similarly.

If you feel up to it, please read his note.  http://documents.from.bz/note.txt

2 comments:

Uche said...

Poor man. What an awful, horrible time he had.

Dysmonia said...

So weird. Brandy told me about this. May he find in death the peace that escaped him in life.