21 November 2011

Apply myself


No new updates in the soap opera of The Other Guy.

I do have some positive news to share (yay!)

Last Tuesday, I received a call from a University up north. (Okay, so almost any US location is north of Florida). The phone call went something like this:
“Hi, this is so-and-so from Awesome University. Is this Blah-blah?”
“Yes, this is she.”
“We were wondering if you had considered applying to our Awesome University.”
“I have to be honest, I haven’t looked into it.”
[Tons of school spiel.—and then, “We have a social justice scholarship and we’d like you to apply.”
I think I said thank you, or something. I was shocked as the person went on to explain the scholarship program.

“I’ll definitely apply to that,” I said. “But how did you find out about me?”
“An alum of yours follows your work on Another Blog, and we learned that you’re active in Feminist Organization.”


So. . . wow. An Awesome University in the state that burned witches in 1691 is “recruiting” me for my blog-o-sphere and activism skills?

Wow.

Don’t ask me what we’ll do, if we’ll move, who will watch the kids, etc. I’m not at that point yet to think about the practical details. I’m applying myself.

And maybe it will pay off. Doing social justice law would be really exciting for me.

No comments: