The past couple of days, I had this worry in my mind…but luckily, I have concrete evidence that it was just that—a worry. Not without merit, but the fear and worry is in the past, now.
Ah, let’s see…it’s been a bit since I wrote. This past weekend was great. I got to spend three evenings with A—four if you include the one that C I spent with him. He only has one free day off the whole week and he enjoys spending it not just with me, but with my two-year-old? I say this every week, because it remains mind-boggling to me…At some of the meetings I attend that I have to bring C with me, I get dirty looks from my peers, heavy sighs, eye-rollings…so this is where I’m coming from. A place where “we support single mothers” is more lip-service than actual practice.
A delightful Sunday was spent, in part, at the park. C loves to swing, and could have easily spent her entire time at the park on the swings. Thank goodness there are slides and other forms of distraction for her, too; swinging for hours on end is not as much fun for the parent.
After my usual Tuesday night meeting, I’m going to spend some time with A, and I cannot wait. I’m impatient, and don’t like going a day without seeing him; alas, we must sometimes go a couple days without seeing each other.
*giddy, happy sigh*
On another note, I have always suspected that because she doesn’t understand what I do, a certain coworker of mine doesn’t believe that I actually do work. Nice. It’s irritating to have my work dismissed so quickly, but at the same time, my reaction was good. At first it hurt, but as I said, I have always suspected that this is what she thinks. So it hurt, but not too much. And I was able to distance myself from that, and think, “So what? You don’t sign my paychecks.” I don’t have time/energy/desire to engage in petty inter-office bickering, so I’m just ignoring this and hopefully, once my project is done, she’ll have to admit to herself that I do, in fact, work.
Whatever. There are so many more important things to focus on…and that’s what I’m trying to do. Move forward and press ahead with what matters.
Living my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment