I did it.
Yesterday, I wrote B a very brief, to-the-point letter. I requested that he stop sending me text messages. Should he need to contact me regarding his daughter, he could write or call.
Then I blocked his text messaging, which was a much more complicated process than it should have been. I spent a good amount of time on the phone with Verizon (my provider) and T-Mobile (his carrier). But I think I got it worked out…we’ll see. Last night, I did receive a text message from him. It was about Sisyphus.
— Your honour, I request that this text message be entered into evidence as proof that the Defendant is not of sane mind.
— Granted.
At first, I felt guilty about blocking B’s text messages. But last night, when I was driving home from a late night with A, I realized that I am doing what is healthy for…him. And finally, what is healthy for him is also what is healthy for me.
It feels good. I am slightly worried that he may show up at my door or at work. But so what if he does? He’s not dangerous. Emotionally, I am on stronger ground than ever before; and it’s funny, because he’s the reason I stand on stronger ground.
Things are going well with A. I love him, he loves me…and I am beginning to let myself believe he actually loves me. I’m not sure why, but I try not to ponder this. I just let myself enjoy being with him. He’s not without his own issues, but I love that we are both deeply committed so early. None of this messing about, no stupid games. Just being yourself with someone who accepts you, loves you, finds you fascinating…
No comments:
Post a Comment