09 February 2009

on the other side

A is a writer. His "field" in writing, what I want to call his AOS (area of specialty), is screenwriting.

At my asking, he e-mailed me a screenplay of his. I've been reading through it, and I already see so much of his life in this screenplay. I know very little about his past romances, but I can see some of those embedded in the screenplay I'm reading.

I'm a bit worried...is that the right word? Freaked out?

I'm used to being the writer in the relationship. I'm used to incorporating events into poems. Well-obscured references, too. In a screenplay, it feels like it's all there. And while yes, it is A's life that he's including, it's also someone else's life...

It's strange to be on the other side of this; to know that anything I say or do can and will be used as creative material.

Little does he know how much creative material there is in my life history...I think he would run if he knew, if he could see the flashbacks I have, of the past three years.

1 comment:

FemmePhil said...

Oh, irony!
I write this entry and only five minutes later it dawns on me...I'm writing about him, here on this blog...and he has no idea!
I suppose we're even. (Although to be fair, more people read his screenplays than this blog, since I have this blog set to private.)