15 February 2009

a-w-k-w-a-r-d

For those that don't keep up with the nitty-gritty of my life , I don't "do" Valentine's Day, and this was my first V-day with A. (I hope the first of many.) We decided not to do anything special for the day, and instead just kept our usual Saturday date night by eating out at a local sushi restaurant. Given that it was Saturday night and Valentine's Day, seating was (not surprisingly) sparse, so we sat at the sushi bar.

Next to us was a couple who, on Valentine's Day, were not-so-quietly breaking up. It was incredibly awkward; A and I could overhear everything that was being discussed. We literally could hear the dirty laundry that accumulates over the years with bad communication being aired...and it wasn't pretty.

At first, I felt sorry for both of the couple. I started feeling sorry for the guy, because it was clear SHE was breaking up with him. But then...well, the way he responded...I began to understand why she was breaking up with him.

Oh, the drama.

Needless to say, A and I opted to skip dessert.
__________________

No comments: