You (A) are composed of a million snapshots.
Here's a look at just a few:
Lying in bed, your hair astray, escaped from your ponytail. I push your hair back, tuck it behind your ear, so I can see your eyes, your gentle gaze, and we both smile. I feel so warm.
Wooly fabrics, washed in Tide, mingled with the scent of smoke--all of these remind me of you. I've never cared for the texture of boiled wool against my bare skin, but when it's your jacket, I don't mind. I am allergic to Tide, and the scent makes me itchy. But for some reason, it doesn't bother me too much when I'm with you. I think that's because the scent is partially masked by the smokey smell that accompanies you. How I dislike that scent on anyone else...and yet, how it seems to compliment your natural scent...
The hard callouses on your warm hands. I can tell these callouses are a permanent part of you, grown when you first started playing guitar.
I love these calluses. And I love when you play guitar. You are lost in the music and it sounds so amazing. You are skilled and unaware of your gift; it's just the muses channeling through you. So you play, unabashedly, and the sound shakes me to my core. I first heard you play and I thought it was the record player. I was in the kitchen, and I turned around and realized that beautiful noise--you were producing it. My knees felt weak, and I had to sit down. I want to hold you, I want to lose myself in you, when you play guitar.
You listen to music with your whole body, your fingers flit up and down an imaginary piano, finger a guitar, or hammer out the drums. I love this. You lose yourself into the music the same way I do--only you to the chords, and me to the rhythm (dancing).
You were impressed that I could do three pirouettes barefoot on your carpet. The smile on your face when I did that, the awe at my ability to "spot" so as not to get dizzy...It was a funny moment, but then again, nearly all our moments together are funny because I feel so high on Life when I'm with you...
No comments:
Post a Comment