I spent some time with A last night. Yay! I had a great time with him, as usual.
He has a compilation of CD's for me. Amazing music. I am looking forward to listening to the CD's--I've only heard the groups he gave me out of order, disjointed, etc. I haven't had the pleasure of sitting through an entire album, uninterrupted.
What was particularly touching, however, was that he went out of his way to find a female artist to include. When we first started talking, I had mentioned something about a male-monopoly on the music industry, and that in 2004 I read a challenge to just immerse yourself in female artists for a year: female writers, female singer/songwriters, etc. I had a way of explaining it so that I didn't sound anti-male. I'm not anti-male. I love men; but I'm also pro-female. :) Anyway, after our conversation, I apparently made A start thinking and digging through his extensive record and CD collection. He has since realized that many of the artists he likes are, in fact, male. He came to the conclusion on his own that females aren't represented enough in his music collection, and is attempting to diversify.
I love it.
He listens to me. He takes me seriously. He's willing to grow and learn.
Those are qualities I'm not exactly used to...but I can get used to this...
No comments:
Post a Comment