I talked with a friend of mine last night about my self-esteem struggle. This is her response and then a mutual friend's response...I cried when I read this...
1. She is really, really, ridiculously sexy. Just knowing her makes one sexy by association (and yes, this fact is important enough to be listed as number one).
2. She is endlessly loving and accepting of others. I know I can call her no matter how I am feeling and she'll be supportive.
3. She is one of the smartest women on the planet. She gives me hope for the current state of our world - when I feel sometimes that I am surrounded my ignorance, whitney reminds me that there are people out there who think critically and openly...and she is never afraid to share her views with respect for others while doing so.
4. In my darkest hours, even when she was hurting herself, she was always there for me with kindness and love. She continues to be there for me now.
5. She is an amazing mother, and inspires me to one day raise my children with the same humor, love, and respect. I learn so much watching her raise her beautiful daughter.
6. She makes me laugh no matter how down I feel.
7. She takes risks that inspire others to not be controlled by fear, myself especially.
8. She is creative, spontaneous and thoughtful.
9. She is open and honest with anyone who will take the time to listen.
10. She is beautiful...both in body, soul and mind.
11. She is a connection to my personal journey of healing, and serves as a constant reminder of how far I have come.
12. She finds humor in darkness and in light.
13. She is passionate, strong, and willing to try new things.
14. I view her as one of my closest and most cherished friends. I trust and adore her - all parts of her - no matter what happens or how she might be feeling. I see her as wonderful, beautiful and endlessly compassionate.
15. She came into my life as a reminder of how powerful and important a bond with a woman can be, and reminded me how to trust in others, as well as myself.
16. She taught me that asking for help when I need it is not only ok, but its also shows a deep respect for self.
17. Just talking to her brings sunshine into my life.
18. Ill never look at a banana the same way...no, not because its phallic, but because I always see them dancing! With little capes and things. :)
To which a mutual friend of ours chimed in:
Oh dear Buddha . . . you want me to contain my love for this woman in one email????!!! Have you lost your marbles??!!
I could write centuries of poetry about Whitney and still have more to say . . . this is so unfair . . .
But if I can only add a few things it would be things like this:
19. She is honest and humble about her humanity. This always reminds me to be the same.
20. She was the first girl to marry me . . . my life will never be the same . . .
21. She has the ability to hear me in my deepest of frustrations, love me for all of my 'airy-fairy-ness', and still give me good sound advice without being swayed by my sexiness . . . ;)
22. Flamingoist . . . need I say more?
23. She is walking the path she was meant to walk in this lifetime . . . and in that process, inspires others to do the same . . .
24. She is my queen of the treehouse village . . . need I say more?
I love you both so much. Thank you.
1 comment:
#1000000 (I am pretty sure that's where we should be numerical speaking, if people are still listing.) She is a rare find in a friend, someone who hears me with her heart. And is able to give advice quietly and lovingly.
I adore you.
Post a Comment