20 November 2008

endless rut

I cannot see this part of my life ever ending. I feel like I’ve been living with my parents and looking for a different job forever. And it has been a while. It’s 1 year and 11 months since I moved back in with my parents, and what, let’s see…1 year and 8 months since I started working for my dad.

I don’t enjoy work. I don’t have my own personal space. With my parents, everything that’s mine is also C’s. I literally have no time to myself. I don’t even shower by myself—C is there, watching and occasionally throwing a Q-tip in the toilet. I go to bed when she goes to bed, because it’s the only time I get any quiet time. If I were to go back out, I’d have to listen to my sister rambling on about things I don’t care about.

Grumpy? Moi? I’m beyond that. I cannot see an end to my life like this. I’ve been stuck in this rut for two years, and things are only getting worse, not better.

"You need a plan."
I had a plan. I had a plan with several options should that one plan fall through.

All the options fell through, though.

I give up.

and I will scream the next time someone says, "I don't know how single moms do it."

No comments: