C has had a nasty cough since Friday, and is going to the doctor's office today.
Her school has been aware of this.
Oh, but today, about a half-hour after I dropped her off, I got a phone call from her preschool. Apparently, she has a HALF DEGREE temperature. Yes, that's right--0.5F higher than "average."
Okay.
I am told that I MUST drop everything and pick her up ASAP. That she may be contagious to other children.
The last thing I want is for her to infect other children. In fact, when she had piggieflu, I kept her home an entire week.
But my god...0.5 F and she MUST stay home? A hacking cough that knocks the breath out of her, though, is okay? WTF?
Seriously, she would have been MOST contagious the days before and the day the symptoms of her little virus first appeared. Isn't that basic biology?
Gah, I'm just annoyed. I'm trying to use my remaining sick days to study for the LSAT, and yes, I'm selfish and am tired of my needs and goals (like, oh, getting into law school) taking a damn back seat to everything and everyone else.
Can you tell that this Momma needs to call in sick on a day she feels perfectly fine and just chill?
(If only I remembered how to just chill...)
No comments:
Post a Comment