01 October 2009

good news & ambivalence

Well, it looks like A got a new place in town for his store, which is great. It’s a one year lease, so if I do get accepted and go elsewhere to law school, we won’t be away for too long. (Okay, so it will be too long. But manageable.)

This means the next couple months are going to be more busy and hectic than I thought. He’s got a massive inventory to liquidate and move. I’ve got to maintain my focus on the LSAT’s and personal statements. All while doing the stupid working-mother balancing act. Family, “career” (what a joke term for my job), myself, and oh, yeah—a Senate campaign which seems to gain more and more steam even if I don’t pay much attention to it.

I almost wish that A hadn’t said anything about engagement rings last week. I mean, I’m thrilled that he’s thinking about this, too. And soon. But I also would rather not be waiting like this…I mean, given the issue with the store, he’s not going to propose anytime soon. And yes, it’s so silly for me to wait for him to propose (well, it IS) but I have to respect his wanting to do this.

I just am…*sigh*

No comments: