Hi, all.
I haven't posted anything here this week because, unfortunately, I developed another debilitating migraine that rendered me useless for two days.
And yes, if you've noticed, my migraines are not only growing more severe and intense, they are also becoming frighteningly frequent.
My appt with my neurologist is in December--that's the earliest I can be seen. I've e-mailed him and requested to be seen sooner. I cannot live like this. And to be honest, I'm very scared by this, too. It's frightening to not be able to keep any liquids or food down for over 48 hours while your head feels like it will explode. It's frightening to be sweating and shivering at the same time. It's frightening to wake up every hour, on the hour, to vomit bile.
It's frightening that I have a family history of stroke from migraines, and each painful pulse means I could be having a stroke. Yes, that's a little hypochondriac of me. But in 2005, my mom discovered after a particularly bad migraine that she had in fact had a stroke at some point in her life. We don't know when, but her doctors believe it was probably during a particularly bad migraine.
So anyway...that's what I've been up to the past couple days.
1 comment:
how about a different neuro, or having your GP call to get you in sooner on an emergency basis. A lot of times Drs listen to other Drs, but not the patient themselves. I am worried about you. You may need to take a preventative like me. It doesn't stop them all but it stops a great percentage.
Post a Comment