I made a mistake, though. Or is it a mistake…?
So here’s what I did:
A’s mom asked to see a picture of my wedding dress. It seems that the place I bought it from sold out of that style or is no longer carrying it, so my search on their website for the image of the dress was fruitless.
So here’s what I did:
A’s mom asked to see a picture of my wedding dress. It seems that the place I bought it from sold out of that style or is no longer carrying it, so my search on their website for the image of the dress was fruitless.
Where else, I wondered, would have that picture?
A light bulb went off over my head: my blog!
And so, I typed in the address for my blog and showed her the image of the dress.
A light bulb went off over my head: my blog!
And so, I typed in the address for my blog and showed her the image of the dress.
Only…
- I think (as in, I'm 98% certain) she may have taken noticed the URL.
- If she didn’t take notice of it, then it’ll appear in the web-browser history because I forgot to clear it as she was, well, kinda right there and that would definitely have drawn attention to it.
On our way home, I considered closing the blog off for a couple days so only a select few could see it; however, I really have no desire to do that. This blog started as a private place for me to journal wherever I was, but it’s evolved into a place where I connect with friends. I can share my private thoughts with a select group who know me, and while yes, it’s open to the public, only a handful of people know the address.
I also thought, “Okay, so she reads it.”
I trust my future MIL to be respectful of my privacy. I’m an adult, and yes, I have a past that includes not dealing with stresses in the healthiest of manners. But I’m growing. I’m learning. And I also trust that—should she read this blog—she will come to know me better. I don’t want to tell her the address but it’s no doubt in her browser history this very moment. Yes, I hope she has better things to do with her time, but should she be curious about me, my mindset, my past, my deepest thoughts—well, here they are.
I also thought, “Okay, so she reads it.”
I trust my future MIL to be respectful of my privacy. I’m an adult, and yes, I have a past that includes not dealing with stresses in the healthiest of manners. But I’m growing. I’m learning. And I also trust that—should she read this blog—she will come to know me better. I don’t want to tell her the address but it’s no doubt in her browser history this very moment. Yes, I hope she has better things to do with her time, but should she be curious about me, my mindset, my past, my deepest thoughts—well, here they are.
I am not ashamed. I am not embarrassed. Okay, maybe a little embarrassed. ;) But…
This. Is. Me. Emotionally. Naked.
I have been through a lot more than people think when they first meet me. I have an “unusual way” of looking at the world, and I’ve grown to like and appreciate this unusual way I have of looking at the world. Yeah, things suck sometimes. But everyone has issues. Every single one of us has issues.
I just choose to deal with mine.
Oh, and keep a blog about how I deal with my issues. LOL.
I just choose to deal with mine.
Oh, and keep a blog about how I deal with my issues. LOL.
So…future MIL, if you’re reading this, Hello. I love you, I love your son. I cannot wait to marry him, to be legally recognized as a couple. I plan on growing old with him and being happy. Yes, there will be hard times--trust me, I'm painfully aware of this fact. But there will be good times, too, and I hope that the Fates will weave us a life of happiness together.
I trust him.
And I trust you.
2 comments:
I appreciate your bravery with standing there emotionally naked with your future MIL of all people. So brave.
You really inspire me... but you already knew that I'm sure. :-)
Post a Comment