02 February 2010

why bother (i.e., feeling defeatist once again)

So yes, I'm feeling absolutely defeatist today.

Why bother indeed.

I have reached out for support--and honestly, I'm not asking for much. Just someone to listen (in real life, that is, you all are great).

I'm shut down.

Every person I try. Shut down. No time for me. Too busy with work. Too busy, period. Or, better yet, doesn't even bother to inquire how I am. Or anything like that. Just launches into the criticism.

Again, people wonder why I have no self-esteem? Because I'm so fucking weak that I take this personally. I take this as a saying of "I don't think you're important enough to even say 'I'll get back to you'.

So please. Give me a rock so I can disappear. What the fuck is the point?

2 comments:

lynn said...

I'll chat with you! Call anytime. Want to grab dinner this week (or coffee or something?) Feel better soon.

Shannon said...

xox. I hope the fog lifts soon and the sun shines on you. Love you and hate to see you feeling down.