23 August 2010

I hope I have a migraine

Since Saturday night, I have had a killer headache. It’s not going away. I’ve taken my prescription and that medicine doesn’t even touch my headache.

Normally, when I suffer from a migraine at night, I wake up and for the first 5-10 seconds of waking, I feel okay. This headache is different. I am in pain constantly, there is no letting up.

When I woke up this morning with the full-blown migraine still throbbing and pounding inside my head, I also had the sudden thought that this might be pregnancy related. This might be more than a migraine.

I hope not. I called my mom, in vain, attempting to get some validation that the atmospheric pressure has been horrendous and she too has been suffering a major migraine.

Nope. She agreed with my inner voice, that I need to call my midwife, get my blood pressure measured and make sure there’s no protein in my urine.

Damnit.

I never thought I would say this, but dear lord, I hope I have a migraine.

(waiting now for mw to call back...)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I hope you have a migraine too, Whit . . . I love you . . . and will include you in my prayers this evening. ((squiiish))

elle said...

do keep us posted, love!

FemmePhil said...

Just a migraine that's gone now...Yay!