This hurts.
In one week, I came to accept the pregnancy. To be excited over it.
In one week, I came to accept the pregnancy. To be excited over it.
And now. . .
I sit on the couch, mostly so I can cry
by myself and not wake anyone up.
Now. . .
there is nothing.
Now. . .
there is nothing.
No cruel pun intended, but I feel empty. Deflated.
I hadn't wanted a third child, but the possibility of it became a new dream of mine. “This is how our family is going to be” I thought.
And we're not.
And my god, if you've planned for years or just a few days, it still hurts to have those plans taken from you against your will.
Someone not so helpfully told me that I
“must have subconsciously wanted to get pregnant” since I faced
an unplanned pregnancy. I wonder if she'd also say I “subconsciously
wanted a miscarriage”.
I don't want to go to work. I don't want to go in and pretend like I care. I don't want to choke back tears when I answer the phone. And god, I don't want to deal with a client who will see the happy 7 month old in my lap and ask if that's the last one.
I don't want to go to work. I don't want to go in and pretend like I care. I don't want to choke back tears when I answer the phone. And god, I don't want to deal with a client who will see the happy 7 month old in my lap and ask if that's the last one.
Today, I don't care.
Today, I am mourning.
Today, I am mourning.
4 comments:
So sorry for your loss Whitney. I wish there was something I could say or do to make you feel better, but just know I'm thinking about you! (hugs)
A miscarriage is a terrible heartbreaking thing. And people say terrible heartbreaking things to you.
Rest. Take time. Alone. It takes a long time to cope. Or it did for me.
It's just as awful to lose a baby you want as when you are pregnant with a pregnancy you do not want. Maybe worse.
I'm sorry. I will be thinking of you.
(((((((((((( hugs ))))))))))))) Whit, I'm so sorry :( I wish I had the right words to say, but just know that you're in my thoughts xx
I love you so very much darling. Take care of yourself and do what feels right for you. And call me anytime day or night.
Post a Comment