04 October 2011

unplanned

If you're guessing from the title this is about pregnancy, congratulations!

I am, according to three test strips. And I don't want to be, practically, but on a different emotional level, I find it more funny.  As in, Ha! your fears come true and they're not that bad!

We found out late last night, right before bed. I was starring down at the strip, in disbelief. I told A. I didn't look up from the strip, but A was apparently very happy. He said he was smiling. He referred to the baby as a girl. (To which I said, you know your sperm don't alternate? and he replied paternal instinct. Still smiling.)






Oh dear.

I/we have no idea what to do. I know which way I lean; we cannot have three children, I have an abortion and it's vasectomy time for you, okay?  Hell, getting pregnant so soon after ending one is horrible for my body, and I'm talking health stance, not flabby-skin or whatever. My body needs a break, needs a rest, needs to refuel itself. And let's talk about my occupied uterus, the one that almost ruptured and was bleeding along the scar tissue when the doctor opened me up in February? Is my uterus ready for another hard-core workout?

Do you realize that this puts me at 4 pregnancies total?

How am I so damn fertile? Once again, yes, we were using birth control.

A and I have a lot of talking to do . . . . No matter what we decide, it's not going to be easy.

3 comments:

Dysmonia said...

Whoa. So many things going through my mind in response to this.

I know you need to do what is right for you and your body, and you are completely capable of doing so. That doesn't make any of this easy.

I'm here for you. Seriously. Don't forget that. :)

:lauren: said...

I love you.

Nicole said...

Holy shit. Call me if you need to talk. Wow