I'm tired.
I need a break from everyone and everything. But why? What would I do?
Talking about philosophy makes me sad.
My life is making me sad right now. I'm okay with family life, but professionally, I've accomplished nothing.
Aristotle said that you can't judge a life until it's over, so I guess I should just withhold judgment.
But I feel like a failure. Forgotten, overlooked, taken for granted.
These feelings are no different than how anyone else feels from time to time though, so again, it's really not noteworthy. I'm simply writing this out for my own selfish purpose. It helps me vent to no one, to get this frustration with myself out and be heard without being contradicted. I'm not looking for vindication.
I'd be damned if I knew what I was looking for, because as much as I fantasize, I know nothing I do will ever be good enough. At least, it won't be good enough for me.
I need a break from everyone and everything. But why? What would I do?
Talking about philosophy makes me sad.
My life is making me sad right now. I'm okay with family life, but professionally, I've accomplished nothing.
Aristotle said that you can't judge a life until it's over, so I guess I should just withhold judgment.
But I feel like a failure. Forgotten, overlooked, taken for granted.
These feelings are no different than how anyone else feels from time to time though, so again, it's really not noteworthy. I'm simply writing this out for my own selfish purpose. It helps me vent to no one, to get this frustration with myself out and be heard without being contradicted. I'm not looking for vindication.
I'd be damned if I knew what I was looking for, because as much as I fantasize, I know nothing I do will ever be good enough. At least, it won't be good enough for me.
2 comments:
I feel that way all too often. I feel years behind. I feel like I'm constantly catching up on life. I feel like I'll never be where I dream of being. I've accepted that I'll never have many of the things in life that I very badly want. I'm kind of happy lately, though. I never even thought I could feel that way. I never thought happy was real. It's kind of crazy if I think about it too much. I try not to but that's easier said than done. I sort of feel like my 20s were completely wasted. I try not to regret things but I do regret that and wish I'd been healthy. I wish we'd been closer when we were so much younger!
Let's blow off our jobs and open a cool bakery/coffee shop. We could call it "Just Desserts"
Post a Comment