13 October 2011

"Kind of pregnant."


The MW finally called me back. My blood test revealed hcg (i.e., pregnancy hormones) around 6,000.

That’s pretty freakin’ preggers.

But bleeding continues. This may be TMI, but it’s just bleeding. It’s not clots or tissue. I had a medical abortion. I know what a miscarriage is like. And this has been nothing close to that experience.


So I feel kind of pregnancy. I might be. I might not be.



Between mastitis and this, I’ve spent over $1,000 in health care costs in a month. When the midwife suggested another blood test next week, I balked. At this point, I might as well torture myself further and go to a CPC next week to get a free ultrasound.



Doesn’t it suck that this is actually a sensible option? For me to get decent, affordable (i.e., free) medical care, I might have to go to a damn clinic with a political agenda I can’t stomach?

Quite honestly, I think I’ll just wait. If I start vomiting or gaining weight, I’ll assume I’m pregnant. If not, then this will be the longest miscarriage ever.

Mentally, I’m bottling most of it up and channeling it into the Occupy and feminist movement. I wake up early, do some yoga stretches, and cry. I sometimes weep quietly while falling asleep.

This is such a lose-lose situation. It kills me.


And there’s nothing I can do.

4 comments:

Devin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elle said...

dude- go to a CPC and use up some of their money. get some inside info, get the scoop, and pull a Gloria Steinem and do an expose! don't they do free prenatal shit, too? girl use up their money. you can follow the other women and help them get info they need.

also, if you are pregnant please get some other pregnant ladies together and test out some personhood laws. does FL have one? if so, y'all get one less than the minimum needed to drive in the carpool lane and get pulled over and see if you can get out of the ticket. your CPC friends should get on board with your fight, too!

elle said...

FYI- that deleted post was me still signed in from when the boy checked his email. he would probably be far more sensitive and supportive instead of trying to make you laugh and encouraging you to fuck the system.

did you see the episode of the L Word Season 4, Episode 1 where Kit accidentally goes to a CPC- at 3:33 the most amazing scene starts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=cokQLeijORE#

Dysmonia said...

If you decide to go to a CPC and you want some company, let me know.