Today I am reminded that I can immerse myself in philosophy, yet the pain of a broken heart remains acute.
Today I took C for a walk in the woods, mainly because I got the impression she was irritating my father. This was our second walk in the woods today.
On the path, I saw a leaf shaped like a heart. I was already crying and thinking of B, so I picked up the leaf.
It was reddish brown, and brittle. But it was very definitely a heart shape.
I thought of Aphrodite--love.
I thought of Hera--commitment.
I kissed the leaf, and gently tossed it into the stream, praying in my own weird way that somehow, B will come back to us healthy.
I am not hopeful. Instead, I think "what the hell am I doing? Have I lost it?"
Dirty philosophy rule #1: Invoke God (or the gods).
No comments:
Post a Comment