In the Northern Hemisphere, the Winter Solstice occurs on December 21, 2008 at 7:04 AM EST and 12:04 UT (Universal Time).
It is now winter.
The world is it's darkest in my hemisphere today.
I know that there will be more sunlight in the upcoming weeks (thank goodness), but that's the physical world.
What about in real life?
Ay, that's the rub!
I have no idea what the next weeks, the next days will bring. I am fairly certain that I will continue to hear silence, and that silence will continue to be heartbreaking.
Maybe I'll cope better?
I'm skeptical. I used to have hopes and dreams, but now...I'm afraid to. I believed in B, I believed he would and could fight off his illness--not give into it, like he did.
I believed in us as a couple.
Let me try and distance this pain. There is no such thing as a justified true belief (this has been philosophically proven). Fall back onto epistemology to ease my pain...
No comments:
Post a Comment