01 April 2009

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday, B.

It's been months and lifetimes since we last spoke, but I can still hear your voice. The memories we created together, the glowing and the terrifying, are memories I shall always carry in my heart. Our 6.5 years together is brief in the scheme of things, yet your impact on me will last forever. Thus, I will celebrate you today. I will remember our time together. I will be thankful for the impact you have had on my life. When I look at C, my heart feels torn. You would be so proud of her, so amazed at all her abilities. You would delight in her giggles, watching her blow bubbles, pick flowers, colour…

And yet my heart is sad and appreciative. For you to leave our life, although heartbreaking, was truly an act of love on your part. You were not—and, I surmise, are still not—able to be the partner I needed, I deserved. You still love me, and I still love you. Oh, but how love evolves and changes overtime!

So today, on the beginning of your 29th year, my thoughts are with you. I send you my appreciation for all that you’ve done. I send you my love. I send you my wishes and hopes for you to be healthy and happy.

C and I love you, B.
Happy Birthday.

No comments: