09 September 2009

fucking work

Ugh.

I requested that I have one day a week that I work half-day. The idea is that I can study for the LSAT, work on applications to law school, etc on that half-day. Friday would be ideal, because Fridays are so slow at the office.

Alas, the legal secretary L is only working 30 hours a week. L is paid $2.50 a more per hour than I am, so when I work 45 hours or so a week (which I normally do), she still makes more than me.

Okay, I’ll stop griping about that very sore point now.

The issue is that L will be leaving early on Fridays too. Fucking fantastic. What the hell am I, a slave? I feel like it. Or at least that’s how I’m perceived. It makes me so angry too. I wanted to take Fridays off so I could work on the LSAT and stay in LSAT mode all weekend, excited, anxious, but preparing for my future.

Nope. Instead, I’ve been told by the person who hates me that I can’t take the time off that I want to.

Does she own the business? No.
Is she a partner of the business? No.

But will the partners stand up to her? No.

And she and L make it clear they think that I’m the last on the totem pole at work. I hear them both talk constantly about how “We all have to pick up the slack” and how no one is above any job.

But does L help me with filing like she’s supposed to? No.
Does anyone help me answer the phone? No.

What am I doing in this miserable, horrible place?

No comments: