18 September 2009

love and the like

We were outside last night, and I was standing behind A.

“I love you,” I whispered into his ear, kissing his neck.
“I know.” He said. “I love you.”

Then he turned to look at me. “You know that I love you, don’t you?” He asked.
I thought for a moment. “Yes,” I replied.
“Do you really?” he inquired, looking slightly alarmed. “You paused before you answered.”

“Yes, I know I did. I was thinking about the question.”

(Seriously, folks, it wasn’t a long pause. And it was a nice revelation I had in that pause: I may not know why, but I am loved.)
His concern was moving, too. He told me that I was the best thing that’s ever happened to him, without a doubt. It’s nice to get positive feedback. What I didn’t tell him was that when our parents met, his parents told my parents that I was the best thing to ever happen to him. LOL.
Am I good? No. But I do love him, and I accept him as he is. His faults, or as I like to think of it, his humanness. After all, what human IS perfect? I certainly am not!

But…I am loved. Really.

Wow.

No comments: