15 September 2009

Getting ahead of myself again

For whatever reason, many friends have asked me of late, “How are you?”

And oh, isn’t that the most complicated question!

One minute I’m fine, the next…I’m not.

I think an issue is that I’m too empathetic with the people I love. Therefore, when they are upset, sad, angry, or just plain in a bad mood, I absorb their mood like a sponge. I’m getting better about this, but it’s still very hard for me to enforce or maintain this necessary boundary.

As of now, I am running for Senate. I am worried about the future; if A moves his shop, as he wants to do, than I have little choice but to pray I’m accepted into the university here in town. I have never wanted to attend that university, and I think my chances of being accepted into their law school are beyond slim.

And for now, I remind myself that I’m getting ahead of myself. I can only do the best I can do. The future is not in my control, I can just accept it and roll with it. Float on time like it’s the ocean waves.

Hope for the best.

No comments: