A has been talking about moving his store to a new location in town come December/January. This would be great for him…and us. Right now, the store is suffering. He could move to a more prominent location for less rent. It’s a no-brainer, right?
Let’s not forget that I’m applying to law school, and there is only one law school in this town. A may sign a lease for his store that’s a year—or more—and I may not get into law school here.
I feel like we are making such big plans with each other, and it’s terrifying, quite honestly. I’m very happy, don’t get me wrong. But I’ve been burnt. I spent so much of my life and time with B, but we weren’t married, and thus, I had no “rights” in many areas where I could have and I’ll even be bold enough to assert I should have had rights. I feel pretty uneasy with all this future planning together and no definite date of marriage. He’s stated he has every intention of marrying me, and I believe him.
But B said the same thing to me. And then changed his definition of marriage on me.
It’s not just myself I’m looking out for. It’s C.
But how do I say any of this to A without, well, pressuring him into proposing?
2 comments:
you are my twin. i am in the exact same boat! if i figure out the answer i will tell you. until then, know that i am sitting in the uncomfortable boat with you.
Have you spoken to him at all about this? I don't believe in proposals (or wedding craziness either, but that's another story). A grown man and woman can talk about the idea of marriage and decide when and if they want to enter into such a commitment. As 21st-century women, we should not sit back and wait for a man to decide when to propose. Tim and I talk about marriage often, but I'm still not comfortable with his lack of fiscal responsibility and he's still worried about burdening me with some health issues that may affect our future. But I bring it up when I'm thinking about it because I'm a planner and just can't help it. Like you, I want to go back to school. I hate having to accept that I'm going to need his help to do so. Just talk to him about plans for the future. There is nothing wrong with wanting to know!
Post a Comment