I am absolutely furious.
A couple of days ago, I shared an article concerning philosophy news to a person I went to graduate school with. This person happens to run a well-read and well-known blog about philosophy news, and so it's pretty relevant.
I check out the blog he contributes to, and lo and behold, there's the article I showed him. He is listed as the contributor.
My issue?
No. Credit.
Absolutely no credit. My other friend (male) sent this same guy a link and he was credited.
But me? No credit. No mention that I brought this to his attention several days ago.
Excuse me, but you fucking bastard. I seriously thought you were a better person than that.
I love philosophy. But I'm coming to extremely dislike the arrogance of some of the people I went to grad school with.
If your students did this, it would be plagiarism and you'd flunk them.
If I say anything, I just make myself that much more of a pariah in the philosophy world.
And if I don't say anything, that's permission to do this to me again.
DAMNIT!
1 comment:
Well, I love your links and the couple of times I have posted them I have credited you. :) Cause you rock.
Post a Comment