27 May 2009

happiness is uncomfortable

I am not comfortable being loved.

I had a melt down last night. I contained myself, but a couple tears slipped down my cheek and A noticed.

Of course he noticed.

I couldn't bring myself to tell him the complete truth. "I don't understand why you love me."
or
"I'm just waiting for you to decide you want nothing to do with me."

I explained it as "I was just overwhelmed, and it's a good overwhelmed."

He, strangely enough, keeps wondering (apparently) when I'm going to decide moving in with him was a mistake.

How on earth could I think that? And yet, if I told him what I really was thinking last night, he would probably wonder the same thing.

Moving has brought up a lot of feelings for me. It always does.

I guess the main thing is I feel unlovable. Unworthy of love.

And being happy is something scary to me. I know, how sad. But it's been so long since I've been happy. I'm afraid to trust it. I'm afraid to trust myself.

I'm afraid...of the unknown. And being Stoic, I should remind myself that I cannot control A. I can only do my best.

I took a risk.

Now I hope to thrive and flourish.

*hopes*

No comments: