27 May 2009

Savouring (from 25 May 2009)

I cannot believe how well things have been going. Sure, it's not perfect.

But my god, I feel good. I feel happy.

A sure sign I'm feeling more like myself: I'm thinking in Greek. eudaemonia.

Funny, I've not officially studied this for three years now, and it's still so fresh in my mind.

I feel like I'm finally putting one part of my life behind me. I wandered, lost.

Maybe I've found my new home. I can still wander...what would life be without wandering and wondering, after all...?

But I'm happy. Happier than I've been in way too long.

*savours every last drop*

The move went well. A, C and I spent all of Sunday together, and it was amazing. We didn't do anything spectacular; A wanted to get a car seat for C, so we did. (This way, we don't have to keep switching the one from my car to his and back). We ran some errands, set her room up a little more (hanging pictures, mirrors, etc).

It was nice. Quaint in the best sense. We had a friend over for dinner, C went to bed...it was so lovely.

I feel so alive in ways I haven't felt in a while. Life feels so full. I can be silly, I can make off-coloured jokes, I can dance around the kitchen while I cook (and I've been cooking up a storm lately).

This is how it feels to be free. To be alive. To be loved.

I am fully participating in life.

I love it.

I am also fully aware that more heartache of some nature is in my future. That, too, is part of life. And while I don't necessarily look forward to it, I can appreciate that the past years filled with heartache have made me relish this magnificent time in my life that much more.

Am I even making sense? I feel like I'm so ridiculously and no doubt obnoxiously giddy I must be absolutely nauseating and perhaps even insane.

No comments: