20 May 2009

necessary conversation last night

"I'm anxious about this weekend," A said yesterday, standing by the open sliding glass door. A steady rain was falling yesterday, and the cool damp air filled the room.

I sat on the couch, or rather, lounged. I looked at A, and he simply nodded at me.

"Yeah?" I said. I paused. "Me too."

We both smiled.

"I want you all to move in, I just..."

"It's new, it's unknown, and it's a big life change on many levels." I supplied.

"Yeah," he said, appearing relieved.

I sat up from my slouched lounge position and reached out my hand. He held my hand for a moment, bent over and kissed it.

"I'm anxious too." I said. "But then when I really think about the logistics, I think Why am I worrying? So long as we both stay open with each other."

"Definitely."

We sat in silence for a while, listening to the rain.

"We're doing this together," I said.

"I'm so excited."

(Me too.)
_____

How healthy is it that we could be honest with each other and talk openly about our anxiety--and excitement--regarding The Big Move?

No comments: