Funny how I'm 29, I've lived on my own for a while, and yet I still get nervous when I tell my parents something big.
"A and I are going to move in together."
I didn't dodge it. I didn't sugar coat it. I just said it matter-of-factly, because that's exactly what it is: a matter of fact.
My mom wasn't surprised. She said something along the lines of, "I was waiting for this" and "I'm surprised you both waited so long."
*giggles*
My dad and my sister just sort of nodded, but then again, they had been travelling all day, so their underwhelmed, jet-lagged reaction was expected.
Bottom line is that everyone is supportive of us. They are happy for us. Not one person in my family said "don't you think this is too soon?" or voiced any concerns about C's relationship with A. And believe me, if they had these concerns, they would speak up!
I feel like our moving is more "real" now that I've told my parents. It was funny, because I spoke to A on the phone last night, and he seemed happy to have their "approval" too.
The move...will begin shortly! I feel so much happier, excited, and READY for it now that I've told my family and have their blessings.
Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment