*sigh*
Why should I have to highlight my resume in words? Why can't I simply just take a highlighter to my resume, or draw lots of stars around my most relevant experiences? Can you imagine how creative and colourful resumes could be?
****Taught Philosophy of Literature in Greece*****
or
*!*!*!*! Won Nobel Peace Prize 5 Years in a Row !*!*!*!*
No, we can't have creativity (or tacky headliners, which I reluctantly admit that resembles). We can't have you applying for a job without shedding tears...multiple times. Write that cover letter. Tell us about yourself and why we should hire you, even though you have no self-esteem. In the midst of writing any cover letter, I get an urge to just write, in all capitol letters, HIRE ME! YOU KNOW THAT I WANT THIS JOB!
Alas, I don't think that would work, tempting though it is. I refuse to believe writing cover letters is character building; it is demoralizing.
I also suspect that I am horrible at writing them. Not only does it hurt for me to write, but I don't think I do a very convincing job. If I did, would I still be writing these horrid beasts?
*eyes highlighters and printed-out resume*
No comments:
Post a Comment