23 August 2008

Short update

I sent B a card on Wednesday. He will either get it today, or received it yesterday; perhaps TS Fay delayed it. I kept the card message very short and very simple. "I love you and I miss you"--those were the main ideas. The only "sneaky" thing I did was computer-print his name and address, and not put a return address on the envelope.

Of course, I am assuming the worst. How can one do anything else when you're told by the person you consider to be your other half that they don't want you in their life at this point in time?

On another note, I admit to enjoying the tropical storm. I like the wind and rain, I like the Florida-Snow-Days. C's preschool was cancelled, and so she and I took off work and just hung out, ran errands, and were productive in ways much more meaningful than anything I do at work. It's been tiring, yes, but fun.

It seems fitting to end this brief update by noting I'm wearing a shirt with a turtle on it. Underneath the turtle is the word, "Patience."

Ah, yes...I once knew what that "patience" thing was...

No comments: