If my blog titles were Jeopardy! categories, this would be Potpourri.
1. After my whining yesterday, I received an envelope in the mail from B. It was completely unexpected, and it contained a check for a "decent" amount of money. When I spoke with him yesterday, he said it was real, that he wanted me to cash it. I didn't think he had that much money in his bank account and when I gently and awkwardly inquired, he said that he was giving me all that was left in his account.
I'm happy and sad about that.
The memo on the check read: For: being there.
So I suppose he did take to heart my money worries. This will help me for a couple weeks, I hope. And by then, perhaps, I will have a job.
2. Jobs, jobs, jobs. I am overqualifed for most jobs available, and underqualified for many other jobs. I have an issue with getting letters of recommendation, too. It seems that many of my former professors at FSU have chosen "sides", and now nearly all of my professors "side" with my sexual harasser. Their letters of recommendations are filled with lies. I know this because when I applied, unsuccessfully, to graduate school this year I did not waive my right to review the letters. The killer is this one female professor, who said I rarely came to class, was overly sensitive, and was quiet when I did attend class.
Lie A: I went to every single class, even when I had a migraine.
Lie B: I am overly sensitive, I suppose, because when she was undergoing chemotherapy and radiation for leukemia, I would carry her books and papers to class for her. And I would fetch her water to rinse her mouth if she had to leave class to vomit.
Lie C: I was quiet in class?!? That would be news to my peers in that class, I'm sure.
So as for jobs, teaching at community colleges and such, I'm screwed. I've been screwed yet again by FSU and my sexual harasser.
On another job note, I'm considering applying for jobs teaching English in Greece, or this job, which I think would be fabulous! http://careers.nais.org/jobdetail.cfm?job=2947684&ref=1
The one issue I have: cover letters. I don't believe in myself, and I work myself up every single time I attempt to write a cover letter. I should send out my resume to my friends, and say, "Here, tell me why I can do this job." *snickers*
3. I don't even remember what three was going to be now.
So there's some Potpourri for you lovely, amazing friends. Please...don't worry. I'll be fine, I'll come through this. Just remember what it's like when you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know you've all felt this way (or similarly) over one thing or another before. I simply can't see the stupid light at the end of the tunnel, and I keep bumping full-force into the tunnel walls.
No comments:
Post a Comment